Okay we answered at the same time.

I have no problem concerning the retrieving of data, I use sqlite3_column()
to get the data I need. The callback I'm talking about is the *profiling*
callback, not the one you're thinking about (you're talking about the
callback you pass when using sqlite3_exec()).

The problem is that the *profiling* function (that you register with
sqlite3_profile() ) gets called only when you step over to the end, to
retrieve all the records you wanted.
Since, in my case, I'm only interested in the first record, I don't step()
until the end, so the profiling function is never called.

Well, except when I accidentally try to retrieve a non-existent id, which I
have in my test cases. This time, the single step() I use directly returns
"SQLITE_DONE" and the profiling function is called.

Anyway, what's disturbing is that I was expecting the function to be called
event if I don't step() until the end. Typically when I perform the
finalize() on my query.
>From what I see in the code, the profiling function is called in step(),
which I think is strange.

Guillaume