On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:03 PM, John <tauru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I could. But considering that I'm applying tons of logic and not just
> selected this would be a real mess. Not even sure I could pull it.
> Normalization was something I lacked with regard to previous post. But in
> this case, I don't think it has anything to do with it. It's just alack of
> dynamic sql. I can't trully construct sql statement piece by piece with SQL
> db as I did with Oracle. Just wanted to confirm.

Whenever your instinct is that you need dynamic SQL, it's likely
wrong.  Of course, in cases like this the lack of dynamic SQL may mean
that you end up with very verbose SQL, but hey.  I have written SQL to
generate SQL, but when I do that I usually do it for the purpose of
generating views and triggers, which I then execute from the
application.

Nico