I didn't get an answer to my earlier question on fts. I guess it's
difficult area.

Should an fts virtual table always be re-created from scratch when the
database is opened by the application before you start using fts commands?
I see that the fts tables are not deleted when the database is closed. I
have not found enough info on sqlite virtual tables generally.

Do you find it is possible to incrementally add and delete rows in the fts
virtual table (insert rows) as the application runs? As new data is added I
would like to update the fts.

If I delete rows in a table that was originally the source of data for fts
virtual table creation, the fts virtual table retains all the expired data.
In this case do you drop the fts table and recreate it, or try to delete
rows in the fts table?

I would gladly get all this info from docs and not bother you, but the docs
on sqlite fts don't have much practical everyday usage information.