Hi,

SQLite probably was intended as an embedded database for standalone
software. However, because of its promotion by PHP community, it's been used
to power websites. I use it for that purpose too and prefer it over other
SQL DB solutions (primary because it allows me to move/backup data from a
server to server easily.) However, in certain situations, I feel that I've
shot myself in the foot by having chosen SQLite, and the reason is that it
doesn't support renaming attributes.

Some standalone tools (e.g. SQLiteExpert) provide this feature, but I
haven't found a single web based tool that does, and for some websites I
can't afford to copy a DB file to my dev machine, make changes, and copy it
back to production server because I may lose some transactions while I do
that. So, I have to take down the website, which may lead to loss of
business.

So, I am asking developers of SQLite to make it easy for tool developers to
offer the ability to rename attributes.

Roman