On 27/05/2011, at 10:42 AM, Simon Slavin wrote:

> Tom, John ran across two common problems with SQLite and Xcode:
>
> A) Xcode seems to want to interpret .c and .h files as C++ instead of C.
> B) Confusion common to people who normally program for Windows or non-Open
> systems about what combination of files they need: a library, a framework, C
> source, a .h file.
>
> An explanation of these points somewhere would be great.

I bypassed that whole issue by just using the SQLite framework built into Mac
OSX and iOS, and by using an SQLite wrapper for Objective C. Then you don't
have to worry about compiling SQLite source files into your project or even
have to bother with the low level sqlite3_ C calls. The only code you then have
to write is effectively an nice Objective-C executeQuery: method call, which
returns and array of dictionaries. It's all very straight forward that way.

The slideshow makes it pretty easy to follow:
http://www.barefeetware.com/sqlite/iosxcode/?ml

Thanks,
Tom
BareFeetWare