Roger Binns <rog...@rogerbinns.com> writes:

> On 06/07/2011 08:02 PM, prad wrote:
>> apsw gives a decent completion but runs into issues with python2:
>> see roger binns post 16 aug 03:24 here:
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.db.sqlite.user/187
>> (a solution is provided too in this post though i haven't tried it)
>
> As far as I know the issue is fixed and I just tested and didn't encounter
> it.  If you contact me via email we can diagnose what is happening and get a
> fix into the next release.

well hello roger!
i recall reading that there is no issue with python3, but i'm on
python2.6 (debian squeeze) so that might be why i'm having difficulties.

i'll try your workaround as per post later:
>>> shell=apsw.Shell(stdout=codecs.open("/dev/stdout", "w", "utf8"),
stderr=codecs.open("/dev/stderr", "w", "utf8"))
>>> shell.cmdloop()

and if it still doesn't work, then i'll send you an email.
many thx!

--
in friendship,
prad