On 17 Jun 2011, at 11:50pm, john darnell wrote:

>   Say what you will about Adobe and InDesign, but their tools for writing
> Apple, ah, supplemental code, are not insubstantial or trivial.  IMHO, it is
> understandable when that is my major environment for writing code that I
> might not know the more current practice.

Yep.  Adobe totally explains why you're still thinking in terms of colon paths.
 InDesigns is a terrific program (I've never developed for it) but Adobe hasn't
ported it to more recent API layers.  Adobe's habit of lagging several years
behind Apple in this way is a terrible handicap and hits it each time Apple
stops supporting old (in this case 11 years old) sets of API.  It's going to
happen again in OS X 10.7 because OS X 10.7 does not support the PowerPC
compatibility layer.

Sorry about the tone of my earlier post.  I wasn't trying to condemn you,
merely show that neither side of the SQLite programming community would have
written a note about colon paths because neither side of the Mac SQLite
programming community would have thought it was a problem.

On 18 Jun 2011, at 1:06am, john darnell wrote:

> Um, what's top-posting?

Adding your new text at the top of a post, then including the whole earlier
post you're replying to.

We've already read the earlier post.  We don't need to see it again.  If you
think you need it for context when we read your post, it has to be /above/ your
new text, so we read it first.  And we don't need the whole thing, just the bit
you're replying to.

Take a look at the post you're reading now, and you'll see a more efficient way
to do things.  Don't worry: you're just going through a little stage all new
posters go through.

Simon.