On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 02:04:36PM +0100, Ian Hardingham scratched on the wall:
> Hey guys.
>
> We revisit my situation - I'm accessing the same database with 4
> processes and they are using busy-waiting to access the db somewhat
> concurrently.
>
> I'm expecting SQLITE_LOCKED and SQLITE_BUSY, but I also get
> SQLITE_CANTOPEN - this is on an *already open* database and a query
> shortly later works fine.
>
> Can anyone explain when this error happens?

  It is likely related to the journal file.

  If you're not using WAL, you might try changing the journal mode to
  "truncate."

  http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_journal_mode

   -j

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson