I am sorry I won't able to share the complete program. Also it is quite some
work to extract that piece alone.

*Some good news. As a last resort I downloaded latest sqlite source,
compiled and ran the tests. It never failed. The problem seems **to be fixed
in 3.7.6.3.*

But I am still curious to know the root cause in 3.7.0.1. Are there things
which should be taken care by the applications while doing BULK inserts and
concurrent SELECT/INSERTS/UPDATES  to avoid such 'errors' from sqlite3 ?

Thanks
Anoop