On 22 Jul 2011, at 2:37pm, Sintoni Stefano (GMAIL) wrote:

> In any case how I can take the result I need ? I not have other column
> right for made one ORDER BY and I need to respect the sequence or CODE
> table like
>
> The table CODE.
> CODE;VALUE;
> 61311;18462F;
> 61311;18461F;

SQL has no concept of the order of rows in a TABLE.  A TABLE is a collection of
rows in no particular order.  You could issue three SELECT commands one after
the other and they could return the rows in three different orders and that is
perfectly acceptable given the SQL standard.

When you want the results of a SELECT to appear in a particular order you
specify that using an 'ORDER BY' clause for your SELECT statement.

What controls the order you want to see on your output ?  Is it always
descending order of the VALUE column ?  Is it the order you put the data in in
?  Something else ?

Simon.