ok Joe that's a relief. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
-Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [mailto:sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org]
On Behalf Of Joe Mistachkin
Sent: 22 July 2011 16:32
To: 'General Discussion of SQLite Database'
Subject: Re: [sqlite] System.Data.Sqlite problem

Jack Hughes wrote:

> The 64 bit version works like a charm but the 32 bit version unfortunately
does not. The error
> message given by test.exe is given at the end of the message. The
BadImageFormatException might
> suggest a bad download... so I've re-downloaded a number of times and the
result with the 32 bit
> version is always the same.

This is the expected behavior, let me explain why.

First off, I'm going to assume you downloaded the non-mixed-mode packages.
They both include a native "SQLite.Interop.dll" (for the appropriate
processor architecture) that contains the SQLite core.  They also include a
pure managed "System.Data.SQLite.dll" (marked as "pure IL" in the CLR
header).

When any .NET application marked as "pure IL" runs on 64-bit Windows, it
will run as a 64-bit process.  Similarly, if you run that exact same
application on 32-bit Windows, it will run as a 32-bit process.  A 64-bit
process cannot load a 32-bit DLL.

Therefore, the "test.exe" program starts as a 64-bit process and then
attempts to load the 32-bit "SQLite.Interop.dll", which raises the
BadImageFormatException.

--
Joe Mistachkin