So many replies! Hard to reply to them all, but I understand the issue now. I
didn't know it was native.

>> Their beliefs do not impact how the code needs to be deployed in order to
function properly.

It does because it's my director. For us to deploy DLLs they "have to be added
as a reference".
They do not allow for deploy scripts to push DLLs to folders unless part of the
project.
But since it is an unmanaged DLL, I'll just tell them "either drop SQLite or
let me copy as content".
I'm sure they'll let me keep SQLite =)

>> So the company does not use any purely native DLLs in their .NET apps?

Correct, the company has absolutely 0 DLLs required to copy as content.

>> Adding the non-mixed mode assembly to the GAC is problematic and not
recommended.

Okay, I won't add it to the GAC then. I'll just argue for my point of having it
in a Lib folder and copy as content.

Thank you for your help!
I'll now be signing off.

Brad