> Perhaps my post dated Aug. 19, 2009 will help a little bit:
>
> http://www.cocoabuilder.com/archive/cocoa/242954-core-data-dog-slow-when-using-first-time-after-boot.html
>
> -- Tito

Thanks for sharing.  "warming file" is a way to cache whole database as I
understand it.

After everything is cached scattered reading from database runs faster.

Unfortunately, in my case base size is ~ 3.5 Gb; it's too big for this strategy.

Even if I read at 25 Mb/s rate it will took 3500 / 25 = ~140 seconds just to
read whole db file.

And what's more important I've only 2 Gb of RAM.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. I guess these cases are similar.

To me problem looks like this:

SQLITE needs to read  (cache) from db a lot (too much?) while first-time query
execution even if a query uses nicely matched index and returns nothing.

And SQLITE is doing lot's of scattered readings during query execution; not
trying to somehow batch read or similar. That's why file caching helps.

If it's true not sure there's a simple and nice solution.

I'll try some ideas (including normalization) and report results in this topic
next week.