Simon, Michael -

To my humble knowledge, operations with NULL have well-defined semantics,
both in SQL-you-name-it standards and in SQLite. "A < B" may have three
results - TRUE, FALSE and NULL. It doesn't matter whether you can make any
sense of it - it's the spec ;)

Therefore I'm trying to report a bug here according to guideline at
http://www.sqlite.org/src/wiki?name=Bug+Reports - I would very much like to
hear from SQLite developers whether this report makes sense or if additional
information is needed.

Cheers,
Igor