Hello people.

I apologize for the vagueness of this email, but all I can really hope for is
some ideas to pursue, I think.

I have an InDesign plug-in that scans numerous InDesign documents (there are no
limits, but a common number would be around 100) for certain names and stores
that information plus the page number in an SQLite table.   Each record is
stored as it is found so there is no massive storage even at the end of a block
or anything.

The name of the DB file I use is IndexData.db.  On certain versions (but not
all versions) of the plugin, during the processing, an IndexData.db-Journal
file is created.  It is always empty at the end of a run.

I have had several instances where I scan several documents and build up, say,
1000 records in my SQLite table.  I then select several more documents for
scanning and the number of records are halved in my SQLite table.  This is
always associated with the advent of a system File Open dialog that is empty of
all files in the folder I am working, when it should have between 60 and 100
files.

Has anyone working a Mac ever experienced something like this?

John A.M. Darnell
Senior Programmer
john.darn...@walsworth.com
660.258.2104 ext.4108 OFFICE