Hi!!
I am using SQLite in an embedded device. The device writes a lot of values
to a lot of tables every 3 seconds.
Sometime, i want to add parameters to the DB, but i dont want to disturb the
on-going operation of writing to the DB every 3 seconds. In order to prevent
fragmentation, i build the whole table with its whole number of rows. So i
have to build a table with 50 columns and 10 million rows. This is something
like 4 GB!!
But i can't lock the DB for so long and i have to do it as quick as
possible.
What is the best approach to build tables on the fly, do it quick, and not
disturb the SQLite on-going process that writes data to the DB ??
I know that its better to write all the data in one transaction.
Maybe duplicate an existing table is a faster?
:confused: