[…]

 >> Also, are the .dump and .read commands implemented as part of
 >> the sqlite3 binary, or are they part of the library?

 > They are part of the standalone shell (ie not the library).  The
 > shell source code is under the same license as the rest of SQLite (ie
 > as public domain as possible) so you are free to make a copy and do
 > whatever you want with it.

        I've just extracted all the respective routines out of shell.c
        (sqlite-autoconf-3070701.tar.gz), added a couple of wrappers,
        and posted the resulting code in news:alt.sources [1].

        However, .dump doesn't seem examine sqlite_temp_master, which is
        somewhat unfortunate, given that it was my intent to use it as a
        debugging aid for my Image reassembly tool (imrt; to be part of
        the e2dis [2] suite.)

        I guess that I could simply substitute sqlite_master for
        sqlite_temp_master (perhaps conditionally), and get what I want?
        (Possibly doing s/CREATE TABLE/CREATE TEMP TABLE/ as well.)

        Anything else to consider?

        TIA.

[1] news:86vctigdga....@gray.siamics.net
    nntp://aioe.org/alt.sources/732

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sources/browse_thread/thread/19146b6db22067a4
[2] https://gitorious.org/e2dis

--
FSF associate member #7257      Coming soon: Software Freedom Day