> Most PRAGMAs, including others which modify engine behaviour like recursive_triggers, are not stored in the database but have to be restated every time you open the database file.

Ok, thanks, If that is the case for this PRAGMA I did not realise.

Similar to the page_count PRAGMA I would have intuitively expected max_page_count would not need restating every time the database file is open.

I also hope this can get changed someday, as this particular pragma can have a devastating effect when the schema expects it to be set and you're using a third-party manager (not your well coded application[s]) and you inadvertantly forget to set it first.

To the point where I wrote an auto-loadable SQLite extension, just to set it ON to avoid spouting nonsense in the DB while using an external manager! This is close to nonsense but my schema requires this pragma badly and it's way too easy to forget to set it ON everytime.

BTW this pragma should be applicable to a list of tables or * for all tables.

--
<mailto:j...@q-e-d.org>j...@antichoc.net