Hi Sqlite users

After several frustrating days, i have decided to drop using BerkeleyDB for
implementing a persistent queue, and new as an alternative I'm looking at
sqlite.

I have noticed that this topic have been discussed before on this list
several time, but I'm asking again as I have some quite specific questions,
but also because things might have changed since.

First of all, let me explain my use cases:

The queue is going to be used as an replacement for the syslog daemon. The
sqlite functionality which will push new entries to the to queue, will be
linked directly into my logging logging library and should insert into the
table every time I do a syslog. The sqlite functionality which pop entries
from the queue will be used from a call-home process where it will post new
entries to a web server. When an entry is posted successfully the entries
must be deleted, not before. If an error occurs, the entries must be posted
again.

Following are important

- Several process will append to the same table simultaneous
- Process might die while doing an insert or update
- Long lived processes connected to the database may not be affected by
other processes which dies doing transactions.
- Performance is not unimportant, but is not expected to be a problem
either.
- Posting of messages might take a long time, during this period it must be
possible to add new entries.

So, here are my questions:

- Could sqlite be the right tool for the job
- Is there anything I should be aware of
- Do you know of any projects which do this already
- Does any of you have examples on how to do this

Thanks for your time

Allan W. Nielsen