On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 11:08:38AM +0100, Katie Blake wrote:
> Hello,

Hello, Katie!

> I hope that this is the correct list to send this question.
> I am trying to use SQLite on a Gumstix Linux module running Angstrom armv7l
> GNU/Linux.  (32-bit­).
>
> I have installed the sqlite packages and can happily create and query a
> database using the sqlite command line.
>
> I would like to access my database from some Java code ? and I am hitting
> some problems!
>
> I see the error:
>
> java: codegen.c:2036: codegen_emit: Assertion `(15) != 15' failed.
> Aborted

This looks like a JVM error when trying to output JIT code.

> Whenever I try to make a connection to the database.
>
> I have been trying out various jdbc providers and seem to always see the same
> error.  Is this a common problem ?!?!
>
> At the moment I am using the jdbc jar  file downloaded from
> http://www.xerial.org/trac/Xerial/wiki/SQLiteJDBC#RuninPure-Javamode
> And am running in ?Pure Java? mode.

I've had no problems running the JDBC driver from here:
        http://www.zentus.com/sqlitejdbc/

But your driver appears to be an extension of this driver, hence you may get
the same issue. I've tested on AIX with the IBM JRE, so it will definitely be
using the NestedVM version of the driver. If you haven't tried this driver,
give it a go.

This driver:
        http://www.ch-werner.de/javasqlite/

is a JNI based wrapper and may not be affected by the error you're seeing,
which may be related to the NestedVM based implementation.

For the Xerial project driver, you may also want to post on it's mailing list.
You might also want to try (cross-)compiling the Xerial driver from source for
the armv7l target, so that you use the JNI interface, which should also improve
performance.

You might also want to investigate the error within the JVM from your JRE
vendor.

Hope that helps,
Christian (from IBM:)