On 27 sept. 2011, at 08:21, Roger Binns wrote:

> The easiest solution is to just be patient and accept the data will be a
> little delayed.

that won't work for me, because my SQL command includes a datetime('now'). Any
row input that is delayed won't be recorded with the proper datetime. That's
one of the reasons why I must use tail -1 in my infinite loop. When I send more
than one line, they all have the same datetime.

> Other solutions involve various helper programs such as using a pty so that
> the programs think they are using terminals:
>
>  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1000674/turn-off-buffering-in-pipe

I've neither unbuffer nor socat available on my system, but I'll read the full
thread to grab info.

thanks,
patpro