2011/9/27 Patrick Proniewski <pat...@patpro.net>:

>> I can't see why you would want to do this more than once every minute
>> - or do you?

> The granularity I'm looking for is between 1 second and 10 seconds. Cron is
> not
> an option here.

I woke up this morning and there is a way that cron *_could_* do what you
want. You appear to have figured out a way that suits you, but cron could
be used.

10 second granularity.

You have 6 cron jobs, each launched on the minute.

The first launches iostat and puts data into SQLite.
The second does a sleep 10, launches iostat and puts data into SQLite,
 the third sleep 20 &c.

I know it's an appalling hack, but could be useful to somebody?

Sincères saluations.

Paul...

--

lineh...@tcd.ie