What I'm looking for is to be able to compile SQLite with ICU enabled and have
the test application run at all.  I don't necessarily need to debug or run from
the IDE.  It seems no matter which configuration I use, or which settings I
tweak, nothing will work.

In order to get the test application to not error out when I click "Run", I
have to have my project configured as follows:
SQLite.Interop.2008 set to Win32
System.Data.SQLite.2008 set to x86 or AnyCPU
test.2008 set to x86
If those are set up like that, then the test.exe will run properly only if ICU
is NOT enabled.  Using those same project configurations will cause test.exe to
fail if ICU is enabled.

Why does enabling ICU cause it to fail, when it would work fine without ICU
enabled?