On 10/01/2011 07:20 PM, Matthew Wild wrote:
Hi,

We support SQLite for data storage in Prosody, an XMPP server.
Recently someone reported a number of crashes happening in SQLite on
their server: http://prosody.im/bugs/269

The first 2 crashes both happen on the same line:

     pParse->pZombieTab = p->pNextZombie;

The code that assigns pZombieTab has a comment referring to ticket
#3346, which may or may not be relevant.

A third crash happens in closeAllCursors: http://prosody.im/bugs/269#c4

     for(pFrame=p->pFrame; pFrame->pParent; pFrame=pFrame->pParent);

The SQLite version is 3.7.3-1 in Debian stable. I have built the
Debian source package myself so I could correlate line numbers with
the stack traces. The resulting sqlite3.c file is here:
http://matthewwild.co.uk/uploads/sqlite3.c

Prosody is using a 3rd party database library for Lua (LuaDBI). If the
fault lies there I'm happy to fix it, but right now I don't know where
to start looking. Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this
kind of behaviour?

Could be a bug in SQLite, or it could be a heap corruption.

If you haven't already, a good first step would be to run
the program under valgrind and see what it turns up.

Dan.