Simon Slavin, Here is the schema which I used. CREATE TABLE [BlobLastNameTest]
([FieldName] CHAR (25), [Vertices] BLOB )

    With this schema it is possible to have multiple rows with the same
FieldName. This is intentional since I am writing a Windows and Linux C++
multithreaded application whch uses a unique Database, Database table and
database connection on each of 3 worker threads. I wanted to speed up the
multithreaded application so I inserted into the table [BlobLastNameTest]
without a index on FieldName. When the worker threads are finished inserting, I
run create index on FieldName on each of the different tables on each of the
database threads.

CREATE INDEX claramary ON BlobLastNameTest(FieldName)

         I tried running my query without the claramary index but the query
just hung. So that is why I created CREATE INDEX claramary ON
BlobLastNameTest(FieldName) to supplement the rowid index. Thank you.