Frank Chang <frank_chan...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Florian Weimar and  Igor Tadetnik,
>
> When I replace the GROUP BY t1.FIELDNAME with ORDER BY 1,
>
> select t1.FieldName,t1.rowid from BlobLastNameTest t1 where t1.r
> owid = (SELECT MIN(rowid) FROM BlobLastNameTest where FieldName =
> t1.FIELDNAME)
> order by 1;

This query doesn't make any sense, no more than the one with GROUP BY did.
Let's step back for a minute - what exactly are you trying to achieve? In what
way does this simple query fail to reach your goal, whatever that may be:

select FieldName, rowid from BlobLastNameTest;

Explain the problem you are trying to solve, *not* your proposed solution.
--
Igor Tandetnik