On 18 Oct 2011, at 6:46am, Sylvain Pointeau wrote:

> Is it normal that fromuid of the table exits is STRING ?
> I think it should be TEXT to be surely processed as text and not float

If you're writing your database especially for SQLite you should specify 'TEXT'
not 'STRING'.  However, SQLite has a process where it looks at your 'type' and
guesses the affinity it has that's most useful: section 2.2 in

http://www.sqlite.org/datatype3.html

As you can see it does not specifically recognise 'STRING' as meaning 'TEXT'.
'STRING' is not one of the types that was ever part of the SQL design so
there's really no excuse for anyone using it.

Nevertheless, the delay of two seconds was obviously a bug and kudos to the
fixers for fixing it.

Simon.