I for one would love a forum, and disagree about it being the same as an email list. I would love to not see 40+ emails in my inbox every day from this mailing list, but I do find the available resource handy to have when I need it. A forum would allow us to be more active because we can quickly and easily ask questions and follow the conversation rather than having to scan through a myriad of other emails, or try and follow the reply chain when a flood comes in. It would also allow us to keep our inboxes a lot cleaner and clutter free which would be very very nice.

-----Original Message----- From: Frank Missel
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:35 AM
To: 'Teg' ; 'General Discussion of SQLite Database'
Subject: Re: [sqlite] How about a proper forum rather than an e-mail list

Hi Teg,

I love forums and consider them far superior to email if only because it's
easier to follow a topic with less quoting needed. The downside is that
someone  has  to  manage the forum. I've managed a forum for the past  10
years  and there's a daily spam cleanup process and constant attacks and
required upgrades.  You have to set the tone and be pretty ruthless about
flaming too.

I'd like to see a forum. I just wouldn't want to manage it.

Okay, but if the posting is by members only would it not be the same as the
e-mail-lists.
I don't see a lot of spam in the e-mail-list, so either it also monitored by
someone or the fact that it can only be accessed by members makes for a well
behaved list which would be the same for the forum.

/Frank