Hi Marshall,

A good suggestion.

The reason I chose to "transform" the schema instead was that there are a
number of databases with similar structure on different sites which has the
same declared data types. Also there will be several more in the future.
This is supported by a framework of some classes that I use to handle
SQLite. The frame work has been updated so only those declared data types
that work with Excel (i.e. Excel recognizes the data as the correct type and
use sum and other numerical functions). Thus future databases would have
only the "correct" declared data types.

Rather than have some databases which need special handling with views I
prefer to handle the situation once and for all in existing and future
databases and not have to worry about having special views for some tables
in some databases at certain sites.

/Frank