Does anyone know if there is a way to "install" and use pysqlite by just
copying the relevant files into an existing directory that contains other
modules not related to pysqlite?    And how would sqlite be imported?

I have tried copying these files into the existing directory...
dbapi2.py
_sqlite.so
__init__.py

Then, I modified this line in dbapi2.py:              from pysqlite2._sqlite
import *
to be this:                                                       from
_sqlite import *
I get this error:
SystemError: dynamic module not initialized properly

I then added this line:                                      import __init__

but still get the same error.

Have also tried:                                               from . import
_sqlite
Same error.

The program I'm developing operates in a restricted environment and I have
no other way to install pysqlite.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Richard