On 3 Nov 2011, at 1:38pm, Paxdo Presse wrote:

> How did you get concurrent connections? (about)

This is related specifically to the web language I use (PHP) so it won't help
you if you're using something else.

Actually my system works like this: the web pages themselves are '.html' files
do most of their work in JavaScript.  When they want to talk to the database
they use XMLHTTPRequest to call other utility '.php' files which have the job
of just a single query or execution.  Though they actually talk JSON to
one-another, not XML.

For concurrency it works fine.  The amount of time a connection takes is very
small: just long enough to open, set timeout, do a single query/exec, and close
the connection.  So even with lots of users there aren't that many concurrent
connections to the database file.

Looking back at the 'Subject' header, I note that I don't use a PRAGMA to
specify journal mode.  It's using whatever journal mode is default for a
database created in the sqlite3 shell tool.

Simon.