On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:48 PM, Jean-Christophe Deschamps
<j...@antichoc.net> wrote:
> Pavel,
>
>> This is not a local file. Even if you use your hostname as netname
>> file is still retrieved through network stack. And I guess SAMBA
>> doesn't work well with memory mapped files (in addition to all
>> problems with locking).
>
> True but why did I get no error?  Since MMF don't cope with network it would
> be  good to get a no-no somewhere.  I really don't know which layer should
> bark however.

I can't answer this question. Maybe it's something like all operations
are successful but memory mapping is not actually shared between
processes. So every process sees its own copy and assumes that no
other process works with database, thus database can be corrupted in
many possible ways.

Pavel