We have Process A which writes constantly to our SQLite database and we
have Process B which occasionally reads from this same database. When
Process B opens the database for read-only access and performs a select
statement on the database it causes Process A to get SQLITE_BUSY errors
when executing the insert statements and will continue to return busy
until Process B closes the connection to the database.

So my basic question is why is Process B locking the database when it is
opening the file for read-only access and not performing any writes on
the database being written to by Process A.

Is it possible that a select statement can lock a table?

Thanks,

Dave.