Macgyver7 <t...@buffaloriverforge.com> wrote:
> I have a column of text that has numbers in some fields and words in others.
> I need to reverse the letter order of the text eg.  'abcde' becomes 'edcba'
> without changing the order of the fields with numbers.  How do I reverse the
> letter order and how do I avoid doing that to the numbers as well?

There is no built-in reverse() function. You'll have to write your own:

http://www.sqlite.org/c3ref/create_function.html

That function can also check the type of its parameter and return it unchanged
if it's not a string. Or, you could do that in SQL:

select (case when typeof(field) = 'text' then reverse(field) else field end)
from myTable;

--
Igor Tandetnik