From: sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org [sqlite-users-boun...@sqlite.org] on
behalf of Jacob A. Camp [jacob.c...@mastercam.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:41 AM
To: 'General Discussion of SQLite Database'
Subject: EXT :Re: [sqlite] sqlite3_column_text() returning partial results

I have a line of code that executes that line:

const unsigned char * temp2 = sqlite3_column_text(state, 0);

This queries the database and after the call is complete I pass this value to
another function. This function then fails because temp2 points to a location
that contains the incomplete text. I then can view this text using my debugger
and I can see that the value has been clipped and the XML is invalid.

Trying to access memory locations outside whatever is allocated by the return
of sqlite3_column_text sounds like it would result in undefined behavior?

sqlite3_column_bytes returns 8960 if that's helpful.