Durga,

> I think, it may not support for search with wild chars. like vil*
> Can I get wild char search in leaf node or parent node with XML?

About wildchar, sedna will support it, but I don't think so about
prefixed wildchar. You can join the forum and ask it there. I'm sorry,
I'm also new in this xml dbms, and just want to share the idea behind
that.

Another alternative you can use postgresql ltree, and I think it will
support your all requirement. You can read the documentation here
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/ltree.html (full of features
and operators) and this is the live project example
http://www.dmoz.org/

regards,
-aris