On 01/04/2012 05:02 PM, Phong Cao wrote:
Hello everybody,

I am trying to develop a small music manager using Gtkmm, GStreamermm&
SQLite3 in Linux (Fedora 16 - 64bit). It is able to read metadata (track,
title, artist, album, etc...) of all the files using GStreamermm&  inserts
these metadata into the underlying SQLite database. Then it will load these
metadata into the Gtk::TreeView next time it starts.

The program is able to read Gst::TAG_TITLE&  Gst::TAG_GENRE and output
these tags into<iostream>. It can insert the "const char*" of these tags
(I used Glib::ustring::c_str() to convert the Glib::ustring returned by
Gst::TAG_TITLE&  Gst::TAG_GENRE into "const char*") to the underlying
SQLite3 database. However, the title&  genre of the song do not appear when
I do a query of the SQLite3 database. It seems that sqlite3_bind_text() was
unable to bind the "const char*" returned by Glib::ustring::c_str()&  thus
prevents the software from inserting the C-string into the database. I have
been scratching over my head for several days because of this. I wonder if
this is my fault or is there any problem with SQLite3.

Try SQLITE_TRANSIENT instead of SQLITE_STATIC.