Hi,

I am emailing to ask how I can know if the shared cache is
acutally working and how many shared cache is created for the process.

In
 my embedded sqlite running inside a process, we want to have all
read-only db connections to share same cache to reduce memory while
there are multiple read-only and read-write connections request coming
to the database.

What we did is that using (SQLITE_OPEN_SHAREDCACHE || SQLITE_OPEN_READONLY) as
the third parameter inĀ
sqlite3_enable_shared_cache(int)

We
 hope that sqlites creates only one shared cache for all read-only
connections while sqlites open privatate cache for read-write ones.

But we do not see memory reduction after using SQLITE_OPEN_SHAREDCACHE in
sqlite3_enable_shared_cache(int).

So our questions are:
1) how many shared cache is created for the all read-only db connections?
2) how to know the number of shared caches and know the db connections share
the caches?

Thanks.

Regards,
Joe