On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Simon Slavin <slav...@bigfraud.org> wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2012, at 11:57pm, Steven Michalske wrote:
>
>> Some day they might have a field that is named with the underscore as
>> a second column; not saying it makes sense.  We find all kinds on the
>> internet :-)
>
> Well some day they might have a field that is named with a space, too.
> There's nothing in SQLite to forbid it.  The real solution is to use named
> parameters the way they were designed, not try to match the name of the
> parameter with the name of the field.

This statements is not quite true.
I want to auto generate the fields based on csv files that may or may
not have spaces in them.
This makes the named parameter match the column names in the CSV file.
 I used the python csv DictReader object that creates a key value
mapping for column name and value.  i wanted to not have to manipulate
the field names and such.