Am 16.01.2012 17:10, schrieb Udi Karni:
Simon - thanks - but this used to work on 3.7.7.1 (I believe was the last
version I downloaded and unfortunately replaced with the latest...)

afaik this never worked with the original CLI (might be that you have used a fork that can do this)

I see 3 solutions:

if you can influence the delimiter take a reliable delimiter (a string you're not using in your file - maybe a |) and export without " as markers for text columns

if cant't influence the look of the source find and don't mind to do it manually you can import into a spreadsheet program and use a reliable delimiter without using "

if you like scripting you can create a little program with your favorite language

greetings
Oliver

How, then, do you import character columns that contain commas (like
addresses) from a .csv which uses commas as a delimiter?

Thanks !