You should be able to do it.

We put a shot set of hex data in using a script.   You likely want to load
your file into a variable of hex (or binary) type, if you don't want to
write a script that writes a script.

 Then

insert into your_table (f1, blob)  values (  your_f1_value ,
X'reference_to_your_hex_data' )

the X' ' to denotes your hex value.  This is listed in the documentation.

regards,
Adam DeVita

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Petr Lázňovský <la...@volny.cz> wrote:

> database and than read this images from?

> runs of bytes -- you can store anything you want as a BLOB.
>
> >> What you mean by "Convert image into a BLOB" is there some kind of SW
> to do this? Does SQLite offer some way to do this? Sorry for dumb question,
> but I googling about this some time with no luck..
>
> > If you don't already know how to use your programming language to store
> integers and strings in a SQLite database, then learn that first.  Once you
> have software which can do that, read on:
>
> > An image (assuming you mean a file like a .jpeg or .png file) is just a
> long run of bytes.  You can store a long run of bytes in a SQLite database
> as data of type 'BLOB'.  This isn't a string, or a number, or a date, it's
> just a long run of bytes which is stored exactly as supplied with no
> interpretation.
>
> > So in your software, open the image file and read the contents of the
> file into memory.  Then use the SQLite library routine to create a new row,
> and bind that piece of memory to a BLOB.  When you want to retrieve that
> data, read the BLOB back out of the database.  Then if you want to make an
> image file of it you can do that.  If you want to display the image on the
> screen without making a file of it, you can do that instead if your
> programming language gives you way to do it.
>
> > The exact routines to use depends on the language your software is
> written in: C, Python, PHP, whatever.  That's all down to your personal
> programming choice.  But all the commonly-used interfaces to SQLite have
> the ability to handle BLOBs.
>
> Simon,
>
> did you read the subject of my mail? I am use sqlite from Win batch
> (shell) scripting by commands like:
>
> sqlite3.exe main.db "Insert into Table1 values('xxxx','yyyy','zzzz');"
>
> or
>
> sqlite3.exe main.db "select * from Table1 where Column='yyyy';"
>
> I am currently not a programmer (means Do not know any REAL language, only
> partialy Win shell) and this is my first deal with databases at all. So
> please be patient with me ;-)
>
> In Win shell AFAIK everything is a text, there are no data types. I spent
> much time with google, but seems nobody uses this combination (Win shell +
> sqlite) so there are very few informations on web :-/
>
> L.

VerifEye Technologies Inc.
905-948-0015x245
151 Whitehall Dr, Unit 2