On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 7:18 PM, John Elrick <john.elr...@fenestra.com
> >wrote:

SNIP

> So the problem was introduced by
>
>     http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/36c04dd1695f08
>
> Which is the fix for this bug:
>
>     http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/f7b4edece25c99
>
> That helps.  But we still cannot recreate the problem.  Are you using
> shared cache mode and do you have multiple database connections open on the
> same database file?

Nope and nope.

It appears that the value is set here:

  u.av.pBt = db->aDb[pOp->p1].pBt;
  if( u.av.pBt ){
    sqlite3BtreeGetMeta(u.av.pBt, BTREE_SCHEMA_VERSION, (u32 *)&u.av.iMeta);
    u.av.iGen = db->aDb[pOp->p1].pSchema->iGeneration;
  }else{
    u.av.iGen = u.av.iMeta = 0;
  }

I added a log trace to the else condition and it never fired off, so
something is causing db->aDb[pOp->p1].pSchema->iGeneration to change
relative to pOp->p3.  Give me some guidance as to where to dig and I'll be
glad to do so (tomorrow, my 9 year old daughter just asked for ice cream).