Much better.  I wasn't sure which version to incorporate the changes into
(the link is to the source), so I put them into 3.7.9.

The total mallocs have dropped to 1.5 million -- twice as high as 3.7.5 but
in line.  I'll have to run some additional performance testing but visually
the system appears to be a lot closer to expected.

What was going on? (My client will want a report on the resolution).

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>
> > I'm testing a candidate fix for your problem now.  I'll send you a link
> > once the tests finish (assuming they all work).
>

> Please try http://www.sqlite.org/src/info/11f68d997d and let me know if it
> solves your problem.  Thanks.
>
> --
> D. Richard Hipp