I have a writer, but the thread is not writing during this test.

This is built by me.

This is single process, one connection per thread, 100 threads.

The threads are being created/destroyed often, though, and each time one is
created it creates a new DB connection.

I understand this isn't ideal, and plan to move to having less connections
or using a pool, but I still don't understand why this would be occurring
with WAL.

--erik