(Top-posting undone for comprehensibility.)
Ryan Macy wrote:
Would there be any reason SQLite would have a hard time functioning in
a database as a service model?

Roger Binns replied:
[Reasonable explanation of why SQLite as a service is not a good solution,
including "introduction of latency" and "need to ... authenticate", and
suggestion that problem is better solved by existing database servers ]
Have you even used SQLite?

To which Ryan Macy replied:
This seems inconsequential -- regardless of what method you use you will
have to authenticate. Everything has latency. I'm not sure where you're
going with this.

You came off as a prick, but maybe I didn't offer enough information... Or
my question is not intelligent enough for youĆ

I appreciate your opinion though, thank you.

Roger's point, which is quite consequential, and politely made, is that
SQLite solves only a part of the problem that you posed.  As for "everything
has latency", that is not quite the issue to which Roger alluded.  As you
may discover, latency becomes a real issue in network scenarios, one that
can create serious difficulties when inadequately handled.  And as you may
already understand, latency is not always an issue that requires attention.

You should learn to keep your emotional reactions to yourself when you find
yourself writing words like "prick".

You provided enough information to show that you have little comprehension
of the issues that will arise were you to use SQLite as you suggest.  Roger
provided a calm, reasonable, but brief hint of what they will be.  That he
took the time to do this is to his credit, and was an act undeserving of
your reaction.

Your question was, in fact, an indication that you are either completely
naive regarding latency and security issues, or that you had very little
familiarity with SQLite.  Hence his question, "Have you even used SQLite?"

To me, Roger's response reflected an effort to help you rather than any
kind of belittlement.  You would do well to understand that, even if you
sometimes feel foolish when those who know more expose your naivety.

Regards,
--
Larry Brasfield