I'm not sure if this is an sqlite3 question or WIndows.

I am trying to use the .output command to send the output from a SELECT
statement to a file on WIndows 7.  The .output command looks like:

.output C:\Users\Pete\AppData\Local\Temp\sqlite3out.txt

When the SELECT statement is executed the output ends up in a file named
UsersPeteAppDataLocalTempsqlite3out.txt in whatever directory I am running
in.  The file name gets all the \ chars stripped out and the result used as
a local  filename. Unqualified filenames work as expected.

I have run the same statements on a Mac (with the appropriate temp
directory and forward slashes instead of backslashes) and the file  ends up
in the correct directory.

Not being a Windows expert, I am at a loss to explain this.

--
Pete