Roger, it's good to know the reasons of SQLITE_CORRUPT signal. And
very useful is possibility to mark all corrupted database pages as
unused in repair process and so make the database workable again.
And this repair may be processed only by SQLite internals because is
needed ignore corrupted pages and all related pages too. As example
ZFS can't resolve dependencies in SQLite files between tables and
indicies pages.

P.S. RAID solutions is not the "silver bullet" and we can get two or
more versions of the _differently_ corrupted database files on RAID
disks after crash of RAID. And there are a lot of embedded/mobile
devices without additional protection by RAID and without of regular
backups.

P.P.S. Is it possible to dump SQLite database with corrupted schema? I
think no. But we can copy some first database pages from any work copy
of the database like to
dd if=backup.db of=corrupted.db bs=4096 count=100
and repair after database by using per pages checksums.

--
Best regards, Alexey Pechnikov.
http://pechnikov.tel/