Thanks for the link. I ran the tool on sqlite.dll and got the following
error:

IESHIMS.DLL Error opening file. The system cannot find the file specified
(2).

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Unfortunately this means nothing to me. I can tell you that there are two
copies of the file on this PC and one of them -
'C:\Windows\winsxs\amd64-microsoft-ie-ieshims.......' presumably gets
called on a 64 bit PC.

Thanks for the help. If you've any other ideas then please let me know.