On Mar 1, 2012, at 2:27 PM, Igor Tandetnik wrote:

> If you want to refer to an index by name, I suggest you explicitly create
> this index with the name of your choosing.

I would if I could. Unfortunately, in SQLite, in the case of unique
constraints, this cannot be done as far as I know. Or?

(1) If one declares an unique constraint, SQLite will automaticaly create a
randomely named index.

(2) If one create an unique, named index, one cannot use an unique constraint
as there is no way to add constraints after the table creation (i.e. no alter
add constraint …).

So, either one can have a named constraint in the initial DDL, but a randomly
named index. Or no constraint at all, and a named index.

Looks half-backed to me.

To add insult to injury, none of the constraint names are available anywhere
anyway anyhow. Sigh...