Woody "Im in shape, round is a shape!"

-------- Original message --------
Subject: [sqlite] [bug] inconsistency between #define compilte-time and isNT()
run-time
From: AlexHr <al...@free.fr>
To: sqlite-users@sqlite.org
CC:

Hello,

I've just upgraded SQLite from version 3.6.22 to version 3.7.10 and now, all
my programs crash at run-time.

It's because, as mentioned before on this mailing-list by darkelf, there is
an inconsistency between #define compilte-time and isNT() run-time.

All my projects are compiled and used on Windows XP or above. But all my
projects use ANSI character set, not the Unicode one.

So, I compiled SQLite with SQLITE_WIN32_HAS_ANSI and not
SQLITE_WIN32_HAS_WIDE.
Unfortunately at run-time, all the SQLite code call isNT() (which returns
true) and then call the Unicode functions that make the program crashes.

The easiest workaround I've found is to write something like:
#if SQLITE_OS_WINCE
# define isNT()  (1)
#elif defined SQLITE_WIN32_HAS_ANSI
# define isNT()  (0)

However, that will prevent SQLite to use the LockFileEx() function.

--
Alex